Apple Pay with Citizens
Your Citizens Bank & Trust debit card and Apple Pay™ will change the way you pay. Make easy and secure payments at hundreds of thousands of stores and participating apps with your iPhone® 6 and newer generations, iPad Air™ 2, iPad mini™ 3 (and later) or your Apple Watch™ paired with iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus and newer generations.
Adding your Citizens Bank & Trust Debit Card
- Open Wallet and select the link in the Credit and Debit Card section.
- Tap the camera icon and take a picture of your card or you can manually enter the number.
- Contact Citizens Bank & Trust and complete the verification process.
- Your Citizens Bank & Trust card is now ready to use in Apple Pay
How It Works
- Look for one of these symbols or at checkout.
- No need to open an app or even wake your display. Hold your phone near a merchant’s card reader and authorize your payment with your finger on the Touch ID™.
- You can also pay with a single touch within participating merchant apps. Just select Apple Pay™, place your finger on the Touch ID™, and you’re done.
What Makes APPLE PAY™ So Secure?
- Your full card number is never shown to the merchant: The Secure Element in your iPhone stores your account information with enhanced security and never shares the actual account number with the merchant or transmits it with payments. Learn more about Apple Pay security and privacy.
- Your transactions are also monitored by Citizens Bank & Trust’s Fraud Prevention Service.
APPLE, THE APPLE LOGO, IPHONE, AND IPAD ARE TRADEMARKS OF APPLE INC., REGISTERED IN THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES. APPLE PAY AND TOUCH ID ARE TRADEMARKS OF APPLE INC.
Google Pay with Citizens
Your Citizens Bank & Trust debit card and Google Pay™ will change the way you pay. Google Pay is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by Google to power in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices, enabling users to make payments with Android phones, tablets, or even their watches.
How to Add Your Card
- Open the Google Pay app.
- At the bottom, tap Payment.
- At the bottom, tap Add Credit or debit card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it yourself.
- If you’re asked to verify your payment method, choose an option from the list.
- Find and enter the verification code.
Samsung Pay with Citizens
Your Citizens Bank & Trust debit card and Samsung Pay™ will change the way you pay. Samsung Pay is accepted virtually anywhere you can swipe or tap your card and at select mobile and Bixby merchants. Samsung Pay makes transactions safe and easy. Samsung Pay is available on a long list of Samsung phones, but in the U.S. at least, it’s constrained to Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S and Galaxy Note phones, starting with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Note 5. In addition, some smartwatches support Samsung Pay — namely most variants of the Gear S2 and Gear S3, though the former lacks MST capability and only makes payments over NFC.