What is Mobile Deposit?
With Mobile Deposit, you can electronically deposit checks with an IPhone or Android device that has a camera by using our Citizens Bank App. Simply snap photos of the front and back of your properly endorsed check to make deposits into your account.
Eligibility Requirements for Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is available to customers who have:
- Enrolled in Mobile Banking
- Downloaded our Citizens Bank App
- Maintained an active deposit account (checking or savings) for 90 days with a positive
- Had no chargebacks in the last 90 days
- Demonstrated financial responsibility with all accounts
Applications are processed by our On-line Banking Department to ensure the customer meets these qualifications prior to providing customer access to Mobile Deposit.
How does the customer apply for Mobile Deposit?
Simply return our completed Mobile Deposit Enrollment Form to our On-line Banking Department.
Customer will be notified by letter once they have been approved for enrollment.
Is there a charge for Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is free for retail customers. There is a $.50 per deposited item charge for business customers.
What is the cut-off time for deposits?
Deposits made by 7:00pm CT will be processed on the same business day. Deposits made after 7:00 pm CT will be processed the next business day.
When are the funds available?
Funds from Mobile Deposits will be available the next business day after the deposit has been made. All mobile deposit transactions are reviewed daily. In the case of a hold, the customer will be notified by phone call or mail.
What types of items can be deposited?
U.S. Checks ONLY
We do not accept:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than owners of account receiving credit
- Checks containing any alterations
- Checks that are not in original form with a signature (no substitute or remotely created checks)
- Checks that are stale dated or postdated
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks not payable in US currency
- Government checks, insurance drafts, non-bank money orders, non-bank cashiers checks, savings bonds, travelers’ checks
Can the customer view their deposit in Online Banking?
The Mobile deposit will not show in their Online Banking until after our nightly processing. They can see the deposit by clicking on “View Deposits” within the Mobile Deposit section of their Citizens App.
Does the check need to be endorsed?
All checks MUST be endorsed “FOR DEPOSIT ONLY” along with the customer’s endorsement.
View Our Visual Mobile Deposit Instructions