What can I do to protect my accounts and personal information?
You are the first line of defense for your online account security. We have taken numerous steps to keep your accounts and personal information secure, but you also play a role in maintaining the security of your account information. Here's what you can do:
- Never provide your access ID and password to anyone.
- Memorize your password. Your online password authenticates you when you begin an online session. You should memorize this password and never write it down anywhere.
- Create a password that consists of letters, numbers, and/or special characters. It should be a combination that cannot be easily guessed by others.
- Change your password regularly. It is important to change your password regularly, which can be accomplished within the product.
- Remember to sign off/log out. You may not always be at your own computer when you access your account. It is important to log out by clicking the Logout link in the top-right corner of the page. If you forget to do so, we automatically log you off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Use your browser's built-in security features. It is recommended that you use the built-in security features that browsers provide. Choosing certain security settings and options will help protect the privacy of your accounts and personal information. To learn how to maximize your online security, review the security features of your Web browser.